Time to get the bathroom organised. What are your problem areas?
Mine are storage in the shower, we usually just have everything on the floor and mould gets to things, then we have to throw them out. So, as part of this overhaul I’ve decided to do something about that.
My other problem is the bathroom cabinet. There’s always things in there that don’t need to be there, things we no longer use, almost empty etc. I also found some awesome ideas for storing the hair dryer and straightener during my research for this post.
- Hang a rack over the shower head to hold shampoos, conditioners etc
- Use shelves that attach to the tiles to hold the same or for extra items like bubble bath, razors to keep out of reach of the kids etc
- Have a hanging rail for the non-slip bathmat to allow it to drain and minimise the opportunity for mould
- Netting can be hung from the wall next to the bath to store kids toys for bath time
- Use a decorated basket for empty toilet rolls/or new rolls depending on how good your family is at disposing of old ones
- “over the toilet” storage – can be found in kmart, big w etc. Makes great storage against a wall for rentals or when you don’t want something permanent
- Pick a soap dispenser that’s easily refillable
- Attach small hand towel holder to the side of the vanity
- Toothbrush holders are the best way to store toothbrushes and allow them to drain whilst keeping them in a clean environment
- Keep the cabinet organised with trays (to fit of course)
- Organise the kids items on the bottom and “out of reach” items up higher
- Don’t store anything you don’t want the kids to touch ie razors or medications
I like to have a shelf on the wall to place extra toilet rolls and have a nicely decorated box or basket up there for have my female perishables.
Hooks also make a great idea for extra hanging, and clothes hangers that go other the door work well for extra towel hanging space.
I found Howards Storage World has a holder for a hair straightener and hair dryer that suctions right onto the wall, as well as a variety of shelves that attach the same way, for around the sink, in the shower and bath. Or anywhere you might desire, including the kitchen to store dishcloths etc.
Feel free to share any ideas you have, or pictures, I would love to see them. I love finding inspiration for new ideas.