Meal plan for tonight is vegetable soup and damper rolls. I have made this before and my partner loves it. I deliberately make too much so that he will have something to reheat for lunch or dinner when I’m at work or unable to prepare dinner.
Ingredients: any vegetables you desire
- Vegetable stock
- Mushrooms (new addition he asked for)
- Egg plant (with the skin – nutrients)
- Butternut Pumpkin
You can always add herbs to spice it up a little
- Chop up all vegetables as desired
- You can brown onion with extra virgin olive oil in pan – but I just boil it with the rest of the veggies
- Pour vegetable stock into saucepan and add all veggies
- Boil for 20 – 30 mins or until all vegetables are cooked to satisfaction (my partner likes his carrot really soft)
- Allow to cool and serve
I used this recipe for Damper Rolls
My partner said he loves the soup, isn’t a big fan of those rolls though. I’ll have to look at another damper recipe I think. The best part is that this soup will do him for three more meals.