It would seem I have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award! I have never heard of this, but since doing a little research I must admit this is a great idea. A chance for us to support each other, and an opportunity to allow other bloggers who may not have had the opportunity to come across our writings, to finally discover new bloggers and share new ideas, and in a sense… Network!
I would like to start by thanking Homemade By Nicole for nominating me for the versatile blogger award. It’s a great compliment to know people read the ramblings or what I’ve written here, and even greater a compliment to know someone enjoys my writing so much as to vote for me. I send out a sincere thank you.
So as part of this honour I am required to share with my readers 7 things about me, I do apologise as some of them may already seem transparent, but I’m not a very complicated person.
1. I love to share new ideas about homemaking, organising, managing my time and planning… Always planning! This was my main reason for beginning this blog. I wanted to share my ideas with people, and by share I also mean receive readers feedback, and ideas on what works for them. I see an area of my life that’s unorganised and I want to do something about it, unfortunately I don’t have all the answers, and I fail sometimes (more than sometimes) so it’s nice to meet people with similar struggles and share new strategies.
2. I have had issues with my weight since I was 18. I gained at least 50kgs and struggled to move any of it, or even maintain it for about 2-3 years. I just seemed to grow bigger and bigger, it was very hard after being such a petite size, I lost my self-esteem. So eventually after trying all sorts of wants to move this unwanted fat I finally found something that worked… That was the beginning, after that I found a new motivation, and the process began, of course I had ups and downs, but over 2-3 years I lost 42 kgs. I still struggle with this, but I now have the knowledge I needed all along, and my journey continues.
3. I love to cook! You may have noticed this if you read my posts. I may get a little consistent, posting photos and meal ideas… But I like to try new things, I like to perfect my favourite recipes, and look for new things to add to our usual routine. Oh and I guess you could add here my obsession with Tupperware and just kitchenware in general.
4. I started sewing classes last year, mostly just patchwork. It’s a time consuming and expensive hobby, but I like getting into my sewing room and work at the sewing machine, it’s nice to look back at a quilt I’ve made and know I made it from scratch! It’s like fishing, it’s not the finished product so much be about the journey to get there.
5. I am a nurse
6. I like to enjoy the little things. For instance I would rather watch a sunset, or sunrise than go on a holiday (not that I would refuse a holiday, but sometimes the most beautiful things are free, or right at the back door). My favourite days are often the ones where I just potter around the house, that’s why my partner and I have date night now, so we can enjoy each other’s company and spend some quality time with each other… At home.
7. I am a social butterfly around the people I know, and incredibly shy around those I don’t know. It takes me a while to warm up and feel comfortable around new people, which I have found the most challenging at work this year, as I have moved around different areas. I have little self-esteem, but when I feel comfortable I don’t seem to realise so much.
Now that I’ve finished about me, it’s time to pick the blogs that motivate, inspire and generally interest me. The fifteen blogs I have chosen to nominate:
13. People Triggers
That must be about it. If you read my post and you see you’re on my list, be assured a comment will be coming your way, just not tonight… It’s just about bed time for me.
Thank you again for the nomination, and to everyone who reads my ramblings. It’s truly honouring to know there are people out there reading my posts.