I’m going all out, two posts in one day after none for so long. But I wanted to share something with you. Even when I’m down and feel like I’m getting nowhere I never give up. I always look for something that motivates me.
1. Look for something that motivates you – ie this can be your goals, what you want to achieve or simply a motivating image that reminds you of how lucky you are
2. Think about how far you’ve come? What have you achieved so far? No matter how you feel you can always look back at some kind of achievement.
3. Do something small towards your goal right now. Ie: meal plan, do some exercise, refocus and make a new list of actions that will help you move forward. This could be a budget if your goal is financial.
4. Make a plan for the rest of this month. This is short term, short enough to be achievable, but long enough that it will keep you on track for long enough that you will so progress.
5. At the end of this month reward your long term progress and make a new plan for the following month. Seeing your progress will make you feel good and motivate you to continue.
I have many goals at the moment, and I’m always making posts about exercise and diet because that’s a big part of my goal. I only have a little more improvement (as I see it – others may differ), but it’s the hardest part and hard to maintain especially when life gets in the way as it always does. Tonight I’m making a new priority list, and a month-long plan, it might be similar to the previous ones I usually post but at least I haven’t given up.
- Meal plans – food prepared – especially quick heat and eat or grab and go options that fit into my meal plan
- New recipes or options
- More protein options
- Budget – Christmas will be here before we know it
- Plan Christmas – decorations, present list ideas and recipes
- Housework management plan (weekly)
Whatever your plan is, make it realistic and make it happen! Set a long term reward, something that will drive your motivation and GO FOR IT! Mine is a Thermomix! But since it’s a financial reward I’ll have to work a little harder for it and also save along the way.