Ok, so that’s a pretty generic statement. I was getting bored with things the last week or so. Probably due to lots of night duty, catching up on sleep, trying to stay on top of the housework and struggling with my diet and exercise. I had a lot of trouble. However, I’ve had a few changes these last few days.
1. A new hair-do. I usually have straight hair, I don’t have to do anything to it, it just dries that way. It’s always been that way, but I don’t know if it’s just me but it feels as though it’s thinner lately and a lot of it seemed to be falling out. I would find it in the shower, on the carpet, even falling off me at work. Well, 2 days ago I went and had a trim and got it permed… Yes permed. I do realise this is an old lady style, but I have had it permed long, which in all sense of the word is not as long as it used to be. But, I now seem to have a whole lot more body and bounce. I have had it permed before and I remember what I loved about it now.
2. I rounded up my partner and we did a head-to-toe of the house. We caught up on the laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, vacuumed, cleaned up the bathroom and did a general tidy putting everything in it’s place. For the moment it’s merely cosmetic and there will be a more invasive clean up soon. I need to sort through the kitchen cupboards, tidy up the tupperware, cull some mugs and clean the shelves. Plus I should really go around and do the tiles in the kitchen and the windowsill in the bathroom. I now feel much better about the house, it looks and feels like a cosy home again.
3. Today we went out. I know this doesn’t seem like much, but it was great for me to get out, hang out with people and just do something outside. Ok, so it wasn’t that big a deal, we went to the vineyards and then out to dinner with family, but it was so good just do socialise. This was something I had on my new years resolution list and I’ve made a start on it.
4. Yoga! No more needs to be said. I am loving the new app I bought, there’s many different yoga workouts and at the moment I’m working on abs and back and it feels amazing. It’s like having a massage I would imagine (I’ve never had a professional one – but this is what I would imagine I would feel like).
I realise I’ve just finished my yoga workout, had an awesome day and now here I am all motivated and inspired to keep going. So in order to sustain this I plan to make a few changes this week.
- Laundry loads when I get home from work
- Get outside if there’s day light, even for half an hour, maybe some exercise in the yard
- Wash up and clean up the kitchen straight after dinner
- Yoga before bed
- In bed early
In my time off I need to do something I love instead of catching up on housework all the time. I would love to do some more crocheting, sewing and reading. Only I can make the choices to make this happen, by being organised!